For more information on the following and other outboards,
call us at 1-800-630-1233.
Evinrude Outboard Sale. Low prices, super low shipping!
We have an excellent selection of Evinrude outboard motors, rebuilt Evinrude powerheads and lower units.
Lookings for propellers? We have great stainless steel and aluminum props at a discount!
Evinrude Outboard Propellers
About the Evinrude company:
In 1909 Ole Evinrude designed and tested his first Evinrude outboard motor. After minor improvements were made to the 2 cycle, water-cooled, forward-pointing, single cylinder engine in 1909, orders were received for more and patterns were again improved and sent to the foundry for parts for the first 25 motors to be produced. Each of which, was made by hand. With the financial investment of Chris Meyer, a tugboat owner, the business began to flourish. By 1911, however, a strained business relationship and Mrs. Evinrudes failing health, forced Mr. Evinrude to sell half his business and pledged to stay out of the business for five years, pushing them from the field they had helped pioneer.
In 1912, Ole started a man named "Jump Spark" Miller working on what was to become the flywheel magneto. The Chris Meyer controlled Evinrude motor business, however continued to enjoy the majority of the outboard business.
In 1919, Ole Evinrude presented Chris Meyer with drawings for a new lightweight motor, which Meyer rejected. This was a serious mistake which caused the company to lose a large share of business to a newcomer in the industry. In 1921 the new company began marketing the new Light Twin Outboards of Bess and Ole Evinrude, which were a tremendous success.
Meanwhile, Chris Meyer began developing the new design for an aluminum motor which did not flourish. In 1925, Chris Meyer decided to sell Evinrude to Walter Zinn. With staggering losses in the first year, Zinn, then sold the company to August Petrie, in 1926.
With hard work, Petrie had improved the business by 1928, had it in a good position and realized it was time to sell. The eager new buyer, Briggs and Stratton, pumped $ 400,000 dollars into improvements. Briggs then acquired Lockwood Outboard Motor Company and negotiated a deal with Ole Evinrude which led to a deal which included Elto, Evinrude and Lockwood, which were collectively called the Outboard Motors Corporation (OMC). The OMC logo rested under the words "ELTOS" and "Evinrude".
OMC was deeply affected by the great depression as well as the loss of Bess Evinrude in 1933, and Ole Evinrude in 1934. Their son Ralph, was asked to serve as OMC's president and they continued to introduce more new improvements and models.
By 1936, OMC had changed it's name to Outboard Marine & Manufacturing Company after acquiring Johnson Outboards.
By 1941, it was evident that the United States would enter World War II. Evinrude continued to make motors for the armed services via Zephyrs and Lightfours (often used to power emergency rubber rafts). When the war finally ended, they enjoyed a period of great prosperity and introduced many new engines.
Evinrude is now owned by Bombardier and is doing well.