We have been rebuilding and remanufacturing outboard powerheads and gearcases along with sterndrives and sterndrive engines for 20 years. My father started this business in 1980. Since that time, we have been growing every year and improving our products along the way. We currently are capable of remanufacturing outboard powerheads from 20HP through 300HP , and rebuilding sterndrive engines from standard 4cyl. engines through 600HP supercharged V8's. Our primary focus is outboard powerhead remanufacturing.
1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
- Vendor 1 warranties each remanufactured powerhead (not those made for high-performance purposes) sold by Vendor 1 to be free from defects in material or workmanship.
- The warranty shall remain in effect for a period of one year from the date of purchase.
- This warranty does not cover normally worn parts, adjustments, tune-ups or damage caused by: A) Neglect, lack of maintenance, accident, abnormal operation or improper installation or service; B) Operation with fuels, oils or lubricants which are not suitable for use with the products; C) Participating in or preparing for racing or other competitive activities or operating with a racing type or modified lower unit; D) Alteration or removal of parts; or E) Water entering engine cylinder(s) through exhaust system or carburetor(s), or fuel injection system.
- Vendor 1's obligation under this warranty is limited to repairing a defective part, or refunding purchase price, or at Vendor 1's option, replacing such part or parts with remanufactured parts as to remedy defects in material or workmanship as covered in this warranty. The repair or replacement of parts or the performance of service, under this warranty does not extend the period of warranty beyond the original expiration date.
- Claims shall be made under this warranty by delivering the product directly to Vendor 1. Purchaser shall pay for all related transportation charges and/or travel time. If the service is not covered under this warranty, purchaser shall pay for all labor and material, and any other expense associated with that service. Any product shipped to Vendor 1 for inspection must be shipped with the transportation charges prepaid. The purchaser must provide a valid invoice stating the product purchased, and date of purchase for all warranty claims.
- This warranty will not apply to: A) Haul-out, launch, towing and storage charges, telephone, rental charges of any type, inconvenience, loss of time, income, or any other consequential damages; or B) Removal and/or replacement of boat partitions or material because of boat design for necessary access to the product.
- ALL INCIDENTAL AND/OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARE EXCLUDED FROM COVERAGE UNDER THIS W ARRANTY .
In the event the vendor or manufacturer is no longer in business, the warranty provided by the supplier will be voided and not covered by iboats, inc.
POLICY AND PROCEDURE
- CORE MUST BE RETURNED FREIGHT FREE! NOT FREIGHT COLLECT!
- Cores need to be returned in the original packaging, damage to
cores during shipment caused by improper packaging will be cause
for forfeiture of core credit.
- RETURNING THE CORE IN THE ORIGINAL PACKAGING IS REQUIRED, ANY
SUBSTITUTIONS WILL BE CAUSE FOR FORFEITURE OF CORE CREDIT!
- All cores need to be returned within 30 days of the date on
the invoice to receive credit.
- All cores must be returned complete AND ASSEMBLED, any missing
parts will be charged against core credit. IF CORE IS SHIPPED
DISASSEMBLED, CORE CREDIT WILL NOT BE ISSUED!
- Cores that are returned must match part number sent,
substitutions are not acceptable and will be returned to you
Core Valuation Calculator
Core value is subject to evaluation upon receipt of core. The deductions for core damage are as follows:
- Deduct 75% of maximum core value if the cylinder block is cracked or ventilated
- Deduct 50% of maximum core value if the powerhead has ingested water and/or hydrolocked.
- Deduct 25% of maximum core value if the core is incomplete.
- Estimated core credit*
Core must be returned assembled, if the core is received
unassembled core credit will not be issued.
*only one deduction will apply- the maximum. We will not double
deduct for additional damage.